Are you ready to get started on your family adventure? Great! We have a couple things to discuss first.
What to expect:
- Once you have selected your package, please use the form below to start the process!
- Mary, our genealogist, will be in touch to discuss the details of your search.
- You will be asked to complete the “Getting to Know Your Family” Form.
- After your initial consultation, you will receive a contract detailing the scope of work to be performed, fees to be charged (based on chosen package), and an explanation of what the retainer covers and how it will be applied toward total payment.
- A 50% down-payment is expected when the contract is submitted, with the remainder to be paid upon completion.
Some things to consider:
- Mary will make every attempt to find documentation of your ancestors, but sometimes the paper trail simply runs out.
- In the past, people may have “skipped” steps like filing for a birth or death certificate, which we think of as crucial for life today.
- First and last names can be misspelled on documents due to any number of factors – the recorder may have misheard, a spelling may have been unknown, the person dictating may have incorrect information, etc.
- In 1921, before Congress had established a National Archives, a fire in the Commerce Department Building in D.C. destroyed most of the 1890 census, with only 6,160 names surviving.